Did I mention my new love for milk paint?????
I got a new laptop about a year ago and since then it has sit on a small, crappy, table, squeezed between the printer and a baby monitor. There was hardly any room, and poor hubby thought we would hear something crash down at any point. I knew I needed something to take its place. I didnt want to go the normal desk route becuase its in our bedroom and didnt want it to feel "officey" soooooo I found this cool dresser on a re-sale site for $25 which included delivery!! I also knew I wanted to add some color. Hubby kept pushing for black, but we have a TON of black furniture. Our bedroom set is actually a dark almost black and we have accents of blue and brown so I knew I wanted blue..
We were able to talk The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company into trying their paint. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way it turned out!
| Hubby sanded it down when I was at work. I knew I wanted to take 2 drawers out and use as shelves. |
![]() |
| We bought plywood for about $2 a sheet and cut to size. |
| We used Soldier Blue and mixed with Snow White. We also used the Daddy Van's beeswax as a protective top coat. |
| The paint went on so nice! We didn't even need to put on a second coat. |
| The master sander/painter/waxer ;) |
| Taaa Daaaaa!!! |
| LOVE the way this turned out! We still want to get baskets for the shelves but such a beautiful piece. |
![]() |
| Works great as a new desk! |
The product we used is called Safe Paint. A few facts include...
* Environmentally friendly
* non-toxic and biodegradable
*Non-Flamable
*Odorless when dry
*Cleans easy with soap and water
* Dry's to touch in 30 min
*easy to store, can keep mixed paint in
a airtight container and powder in a sealed bag
*Permanent colors
Multiple sizes available, the above bags are 16oz and can cover approximately 75 square feet with one coat.
I love that this is a piece unique and something you cant just go buy in a store. The color is beautiful and the wax really brings it out while leaving a protective coat.
To contact the company check out these links-
Thank you again "Old Fashioned Milk Paint" for the amazing paint!!! I will never use store bought latex again!
Would you like to give Milk Paint from The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company a try????
Check out the rafflecopter below and don't forget to Like The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company on facebook and let them know Nu and Nug sent you :)
Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway






I'm turning an entertainment center into a play kitchen for my daughter for Christmas. I would use the paint for that!
ReplyDeleteI really want to try this milk paint I love the blue you did. I also like how it's not real shiny Also gave it a vintage feel. I have several pieces of furniture that needs some color!!!
ReplyDeleteI have a thrifted desk/chair in the shed that I want to make into a study place for one of my kids :) Thanks for the chance to win Jaime! Love your new desk!
ReplyDeleteLove this project, you guys did an awesome job! I have two gorgeous bedside tables from the 50s I need to paint!
ReplyDeleteI would love to use it my girl's "Big Girl" room when me move (hopefully soon!).
ReplyDeleteI would paint my antique secretary. I love Safepaint.
ReplyDeleteI am in the process of building a picnic table for my 3 year old and would love paint that is safe for him and me. I am severely allergic to paint so I would not be able to use most paint from stores around me.
ReplyDeleteAnnie Quarto you have won! Please check your email for details :)
Delete